The Studio is an advanced skills development program for talented young actors who have a passion for acting and making theatre. The 2018 ensemble was led by fabulous local teaching artist and director Anni Gifford.
Our 2018 Studio Ensemble included: Kate Fruend, Emma Hooppell, Ethan Hutchinson, Rory Hutchinson, Thomas Keatings, Samantha Mackinnon, Sarah Maloney, and Isaiah Carney.
Studio 2017/18 were involved in two professional projects at HotHouse Theatre. The first was our sold-out presentation of Hotel Bonegilla 16-18 November 2017, directed by Anni Gifford. The second was our first subscription season show in March 2018, The River at the End of the Road by Caleb Lewis, to be directed by Sport for Jove’s award-winning Artistic Director Damien Ryan.
Studio is an intense participation experience, giving young and emerging actors unique professional development experiences, through working with and alongside professional artists. Since 2013 Studio members have performed in works inspired by our community:
- The Pyjama Girl by Emma Gibson (2013)
- Letters From the Border by Jon Halpin (2014)
- Between the Clouds by Julia-Rose Lewis (2015)
- At The Hip by Roslyn Oades (2016)
- Hotel Bonegilla by Tess Lyssiotis (2017)
- The River At The End Of The Road by Caleb Lewis (2018)